Thursday, September 25, 2014

TREASURE CHEST THURSDAY: Aunt Lillie’s Ice Cream Dishes

Aunt Lillie's Ice Cream Dishes


These dishes were passed down to me by my mother who inherited them from her Aunt Ella (Wilson) Ludlum Simpson. Aunt Ella’s aunt, Aunt Lillie (Clark) Hewitt was the original owner of the set.

For many years they were stored away in my attic crawlspace. During a “clear out the clutter” campaign I rediscovered this lovely set and now display them in my kitchen. There are no markings on the back of the plates but they are very old.

I talked with my mother this morning and she believes Aunt Lillie got the set when she moved into her 24 Grand Avenue (Middletown, NY) home about 1911 as a gift for herself from her husband, Uncle George B. Hewitt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment